In episode 10 I wrote about the best ways to speed up your metabolism. Here I will be discussing the 5 types of activity levels.
|Activity Level||Number of steps per day|
|– Sedentary||0 to 4999 steps|
|– Low or Somewhat Active||5000 to 9999 steps|
|– Moderate Active||10000 to 11999 steps|
|– Highly Active||12000 to 14999 steps|
|– Extremely Active||15000 steps & above|
What is Activity Level?
An activity level is how active you are as an individual in your day-to-day life. The activity level plays a vital role in how you are supposed to eat in order for you to be eating right or enough for your body.
Our activity levels vary depending on the type of job that we do, how busy we are, how inactive we are, or what we do on our day to day basis.
Knowing what your activity level is will help you to determine the number of calories that you need for your body in order for you to reach your body goals.
What Activity Level Am I?
There are 5 types of activity levels:
- Sedentary – A sedentary level is a level where a person is always idle. At this level, there is hardly any physical activity or exercise that is being done.
Some of the activities on a sedentary level include watching TV, playing video games, working a desk job, etc. This person walks 0 to less than 5000 steps on a daily basis & they do not exercise at all.
- Low or Somewhat Active – A low active level is a level where a person is active but not as much. At this level, there is activity but the impact of the activity is extremely low.
Some of the activities on a Low active include cleaning, walking out your dog, watering plants, etc. This person walks somewhat between 5000 to 9999 steps on a daily basis. They may also exercise 1 to 2 times a week.
- Moderate Active – A moderate active is a level where a person is fairly active. At this level, there is physical activity such as swimming, weight lifting, walking for an hour, bicycling, etc.
This person walks between 10000 to 11999 steps on a daily basis. They may also exercise 3 to 5 times a week.
- Highly Active – A highly active is a level where a person is very active. At this level, there is demanding physical activity like working as a carpenter, skating, heavy weight lifting, and aerobics (moderate to heavy).
This person walks anywhere from 12000 to 14999 steps on a daily basis. They exercise 6 to 7 times a week.
- Extremely Active – An extremely active level is a level where a person’s activity is vigorous. Basically at this level, the physical activities include Jogging or running, Racewalking, Hiking uphill, Cycling more than 10 miles per hour (16.09 kilometers per hour), steeply uphill, Swimming fast, or lap swimming.
This person walks anywhere from 15000 steps & above on a daily basis. They exercise 2 times a day every day.
Now that you know which activity level you fall under, use this to determine how many calories you need per day for your body.
This will help you to eat enough calories for your body type according to how active you are.
This in turn will assist you when it comes to maintaining, losing, or gaining weight.
If you would like to lose weight without using your activity level, I highly recommend that you get yourself this personalized diet that will help you to lose weight according to your food preferences.
That’s it for this post. I hope it has helped you to determine how active you are.
If this post has helped you, please share it on your social media to help others who might be in need of this information.
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe below for more fitness content & the latest fitness tips.
Juventinius The Great